Junior Firefighter Award Application
- Actively involved in an organized Junior Firefighter program or Cadet program.
- Department must be a paid department of the Indiana Volunteer Firefighter's Association.
- Must be between the ages of 14 and 21.
- Must be a high school graduate, attending high school or attending a school of higher learning, or received a GED.
- Application (below) or letters of recommendation must be received in the office of the IVFA by February 1.
- Award will be presented at the IVFA Convention held in June.
- The award will be judged by the Awards Committee and will be overseen by Jack Kerney for the first three years.
- Award will be donated and presented by Jack & Barbara Kerney.
- The award will be a large gold speaking trumpet with a green cord mounted on a walnut base.
- Level of training the participant has achieved.
- Number of years in Junior Firefighter program.
- Duties the participant has been assigned to and participated in.
- Number of hours the participant has accumulated in training, fire prevention, fund raiser, etc. (list all that apply with number of hours)
- Letters of reference. (church, school, other organizations)
- Outside activities (church, school, other organizations)
- Family and school background.
- Career field the participant would like to follow.
- Any other pertinent information that would be useful.
- In your own words state why you feel you should be selected as the Junior Firefighter of the year.