Junior Firefighter Award Application
- Be between the ages of 14 – 18, at time of convention.
- Department be represented must be an IVFA member.
- Contestant must be a paid member of the IVFA.
- District entries must be in the IVFA Office by March 1.
- Each contestant shall be responsible for all expenses at the convention i.e. registration, room, meals and transportation. It is recommended / suggested that the Contestant's Department and District support the contestant financially to cover such expenses.
- Be a member of an organized Junior Firefighter or Cadet program of an IVFA Member Department.
- Maintain (and show proof of) a 2.0 grade point average (C) in the school course work during the year prior to and the year of the contest. (must be provided with application.)
- Contestants and their parent or guardian must sign a waiver that includes full disclosure of risks and releases the IVFA from liability should they become injured.
- At least one parent, guardian or chaperon shall attend with the contestant during all phases of his/her registration, judging, award presentation during the State Convention. (it is suggested and encouraged that the department of each contestant have representation present at all activities to show support to the contestant)
- Must be in attendance at the IVFA State Convention at a minimum of or during the judging process and the Annual Banquet.
- Each Contestant shall be responsible for his/her own PPE including: Footwear, Coat, Pants, Gloves, Hood, Helmet, Eye Protection.